We're grateful for your business and for the opportunity to work with your children. Please familiarize yourself with the policies designed to keep our studio running safely and smoothly.
- Dancers are asked to be respectful and courteous to all instructors, guests, parents and other dancers.
- The waiting room should be respected as a quite zone. Noise from the waiting room is disruptive to classes.
- Dancers are expected to be fully prepared prior to their class start time, including appropriate attire, hair & shoes.
- Students wearing inappropriate dancewear or shoes will be asked to watch rather than take class.
- No gum, food, or drinks are allowed in the studio with the exception of water bottles.
- No cell phones, jewelry or watches.
- PLEASE be as punctual as possible. It is the teacher’s discretion as to whether a child is too late for class. Please be courteous and ask the teacher if your child can still participate. Being late is disruptive to the other students and your dancer is missing valuable class time.
- A courtesy email is very much appreciated if your dancer is ill or will not be able to attend class.
- Teachers are only responsible for students while they are in class. Parents are responsible for helping their children change, making sure they make it to class on time and picking them up on time.
- Visitors are asked not to enter the studios while classes are in session.
- Please help us keep our restrooms, waiting room and dance studios neat and clean.
- In case of a severe weather emergency, Davis Dance Studio will follow Polk County Public School closings
- PRACTICE WEAR Dance Wear is required for all classes. Students must wear comfortable form-fitting dance attire to display proper body alignment and allow for easy movement. No baggy t-shirts, baggy shorts, blue jeans, no jewelry or other inappropriate attire will be allowed. Hair should always be securely pulled away from the face.
- BALLET – Leotard, tights and pink ballet shoes, skirts, wraps, shorts over tights or tutus are allowed but we must always be able to see the knees and ankles. NO DANCE PANTS PLEASE!
- JAZZ – Any type of form-fitting appropriate dance wear such as jazz pants, shorts, leotards, sports bras or form-fitting t-shirt and black jazz shoes.
- CONTEMPORARY/OPEN DANCE/CREATIVE DANCE – Form-fitting, comfortable attire and bare feet or jazz shoes.
- HIP HOP – Tennis shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Class fees are due at the first class of each month.
- Tuition may be paid by the following methods: cash, money order, check, credit card or Auto-Pay (website payment).
- Checks should be made payable to Davis Dance Room LLC and include your child’s full name in the memo. There is a $35 returned check fee, per check, on all returned checksv.
- All students enrolled in classes have the option to setup Auto-Pay.
- If your auto-pay draft is declined you will have until the 15th of the month to update your auto-pay account and make your payment. A $10 late fee will be added to your account if not paid by the 15th of the month.
- If you decide to withdraw your dancer, you are responsible for logging on to your on-line portal and withdrawing your dancer prior to the beginning of a new month. This will cancel your tuition auto-pay.
- Parents are responsible for payment as long as their dancers’ names are on the class roster.
- Once paid, tuition is non-refundable or non-transferrable.
- There are no tuition deductions for absences or scheduled holidays.
- Tuition is a per calendar month charge not a per class charge.
- It is the account holder’s responsibility to keep payment information on file up to date.
- The monthly fee for one class a week is $40. Fees are reduced for additional classes per week or for more than one child per family based on the fee scale below.
Fee breakdown based on hours per week:
- Please try to keep missed classes to a minimum. Excessive absences or tardiness may result in your dancer not being able to advance to the next dance level.
- Due to recital preparations, a student missing more than three classes starting the month of February through May, may not be allowed to participate in the recital.
- Make-up classes are allowed only if the student misses a class due to illness or being out of town.
- Make-up classes must be taken within one month of the missed class. Please contact the studio to schedule a make-up class.
- Teachers are only responsible for students while they are in class. The studio is not setup to supervise students outside of schedule class times.
- We ask that you do not leave your dancer, 11 years old or younger, unattended in the waiting room. Dancers 11 years old or younger must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Upon arrival, students should remain in the waiting room until their teacher comes to line them up for class. The teacher will then escort the entire class into the studio.
- Parents should be present inside the waiting room by the end of their dancer’s class. Teachers will escort the class back to the waiting room and dismiss the students one at a time.
- For students ages 12 and up. Early drop off and late pick up is not permitted. Students must not be dropped off more than 10 minutes prior to their class and need to be picked up at the end of their class time.
- Please do not encourage your child to find you in the parking lot. Dancers are never allowed to stand outside the dance studio when waiting for a ride.
- Please be prompt in picking up your child. A $10 babysitting fee will be billed starting at 10 minutes past the end of the class.